Wednesday, August 01, 2012


Alessandra Ambrosio Dishes On Her Melissa Shoe Collection, Getting Back Into Shape Post-Baby, and That Pregnant LOVE Shoot

0
After making such an impression in that stunning LOVE editorial which was shot the day before she gave birth, it was quite a shock to see Alessandra Ambrosio looking anything but pregnant last night. Her rotund baby belly and cut-offs were replaced by a svelte figure, a sparkling mini dress and very glittery high heels. She gave birth to baby Noah back in May, which in Victoria’s Secret terms is already a few lingerie shoots ago. (We kid! Sorta.)

Ambrosio was in Soho’s Melissa Galleria to promote her collaboration with the iconic plastic shoe brand, which is as Brazilian as the model herself. Known in the recent past for its collabs with designers like Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier and Jason Wu, the brand has actually been around for 40 years, and Ambrosio wore them as a little girl.

We caught up with the model to learn more about her collection, but of course had to get the scoop on her LOVE shoot and amazing post-baby body, too.

How did you get involved with Melissa?
Alessandra Ambrosio: I grew up wearing Melissa shoes, and now my daughter wears them all the time. So when they invited me to do a collection with them, it was the perfect fit. I love the shoes because they smell great and are made of jelly, just so cute and comfy! I came up with my mini collection, which is one pair of flats and one heel.

How did you decide what you wanted to create?
I just went to my wardrobe and saw what my favorite things were. During the day I wear ballerinas. It is basic, girly and sophisticated. I am a mom so I don’t really have time for anything complicated. I chose black, grey and nude because they are easy. For night, I wanted something glamorous and, of course, a high heel. I wanted to do glitter on the plastic and we tried it out. It looked great, and now here I am wearing them!

You recently tweeted a pic of you and your daughter in matching bikinis. Does she enjoy fashion?
I don’t even get to dress her; she knows what she wants. That day I showed her the matching bikinis, and she loved it. She doesn’t normally like photos, but she really wanted to take that picture. I have no idea what her style will be but she loves pink. She loves princess dresses right now.

How is she adjusting to having little brother Noah?
She loves it. She is so protective. The other day I was doing something in the kitchen, and I looked back and she was holding him on the sofa.

Tell us about that gorgeous LOVE shoot featuring your pregnant belly.
That was the day before I gave birth, but I didn’t know I was going to give birth the next day. They asked if they could shoot me and I said, ‘Of course!’ since I love that magazine, but I said, ‘You need to come as soon as possible, ’cause I don’t have much time.’ So they arrived and wanted to shoot the next day, but I had a feeling and said we better do it ASAP, because something could happen tomorrow. The weather was beautiful so we just went outside to the beach. The hair and make-up was on the plane to Brazil and didn’t end up arriving until the next day. So I just pulled my hair back and had no make-up and wore a t-shirt with cut-offs from my closet.

How on earth did you get back into shape so quickly?
I have been doing a lot of Pilates and some yoga. I do cardio when I can, too. It is a mix of everything, and, of course, eating as healthy as possible. I have lots of fish, veggies, salad. It is easy to eat healthy in the summer since I love salad and fish. Maybe I have sorbet for dessert, something as light as possible but still with a little sugar. I had three months of rest and then back to work.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment