Wednesday, August 08, 2012


Model Minute: Alessandra Ambrosio Loves Melissa's Shoes

0

Alessandra Ambrosio
If you don't know the name Alessandra Ambrosio, it's quite possible you've been living under a rock. The bonafide Brazilian babe is most well-known for her work with Victoria's Secret. In 2008, she walked in the show a mere 3 months after giving birth to her first child, daughter Anja. And a few weeks after she appeared on the same runway in 2011, it was reported that she had been pregnant during her winged jaunt — and wearing the heaviest "wings" in VS Angel's history, clocking in at 30 pounds.
But she's so much more than just a lingerie model. Ambrosio has long dominated the high-fashion scene with numerous covers, advertisements and runway appearances. With a swimwear line under her belt, she's now off to conquer the shoes market with her own line for Melissa's shoes (available now). Ambrosio grew up wearing Melissa's shoes, making this collaboration a natural fit. Last week we caught up with the supermodel at the launch party for new shoe collaboration.



Hometown: Erechim, Brazil

Agency: DNA Models

Harper's BAZAAR: How would you describe your personal style?

Alessandra Ambrosio: I like to dress pretty basic during the day, but with a sophisticated bohemian spin, and sometimes a little rock chic. At night I like to go glamorous.

HB: What’s your go to weekday outfit?

AA: In the summer I wear shorts with a bright top and ankle boots or just sandals. I'll add a nice scarf, maybe a hat, some cool sunglasses. It’s all about the accessories.

HB: What's your favorite look for nighttime?

AA: Depends on the event, I like to go with jeans and a little blazer, but if I have a really big event I’ll put on like a sparkly dress, something more glamorous.

HB: What’s your favorite thing to splurge on?

AA: Shoes and sunglasses. I love sunglasses, I have all shapes and colors.

HB: How has your style changed since becoming a mom?

AA: Well I guess I’m more simple, I can’t think too much about it. So I need more pieces in my wardrobe that just go with everything, like my ballerina shoes that I designed for Melissa. It comes in gray, pink, nude, and black so you just pair them with any outfit. I can take the kids to the park or to school. And when I travel it’s something that makes my life easier.

HB: Does your daughter ever weigh in on your fashion choices?

AA: Yeah I always ask her, like what color do you prefer? Which bag should I take? She’s always giving me opinions and I love her opinions, she’s adorable.

HB: How do you like to dress your daughter?

AA: Oh I don’t dress her. She dresses herself, are you kidding me? That ended when she was a year and a half. When I put her in an outfit, she wouldn’t like it and I would have to dress her in what she wanted. She has her own style and it’s cute you know, nothing matches with anything but it’s the most adorable thing that you can think of.

HB: What’s one thing you want to do before the summer is over?

AA: Just sit down at the beach with my kids, be in the ocean and rest.

HB: Do you have a beauty trick for when it’s really hot out?

AA: My beauty trick…just jump in the water! Seriously, I like to wear hats so I don’t get super tan. You have to protect the face.

HB: What's your go-to beauty product for summer?

AA: One of my favorite beauty products is Vincent Longo Water Canvas creamy blush. I have it in every color and I’ve been using it for 5 years and that’s all I put on when I leave the house. It looks so natural I just put a little bit on my cheeks to give them some color.


0 comentários:

Post a Comment